The idea is to fill out the sections as follows:
- Market: What is your high-level target market? Is it a real market?
- Early Adopter Profile: What is your ideal customer profile? Who is your early adopter? What are his key personality traits?
- Problem/Opportunity: What problem are you solving for your early adopters? Why does it matter?
- Solution: What is your solution to their problem? How are you making it better? What will prospects be able to do that they were previously unable to do?
- Solution Risks: What aspects of the deal might businesses perceive as risks? What might keep them from buying, implementing or activating the solution?
- Solution Benefits: What are the benefits for the business? What return on investment (ROI) can be expected? What will be the benefits for the individual buying influences? Why should they care?
You can fill a Lean B2B Canvas early as you’re exploring markets to mark down your hypotheses. Once the canvas is complete, the difference between the Solution Risks and Solution Benefits sections will allow you to visualize the implementation score (the likelihood that your solution gets accepted by businesses):
Get your Lean B2B Canvas right here. Share your thoughts and ideas on the tool. I’d love to make it even more useful.
Download the First 6 Chapters for Free
This sampler covers the differences between B2B and Business-to-Customer (B2C) product-market validation, shows you how to define your vision for success, find early adopters, select market opportunities and assess a venture's risk. Download The First 6 Chapters Today »