Earlier this month, enterprise-focused VC firm Emergence Capital published a really insightful analysis of the mobile SaaS and enterprise market:
Looking at the deck, a few things quickly jump to mind:
- IT budgets are shifting to mobile … Key aspects of the mobile experience are context of use and simplicity of user interface; two things B2B vendors have not traditionally been focused on…
- Productivity apps with B2C sophistication like Slack, Dropbox and Box have been capturing the bulk of the funding with $3.7B in total raise.
- Vertical market apps are on the rise with education, retail, healthcare, construction, manufacturing and government mobile startups raising a combined $855M.
- Although desk extension apps are attracting a lot of the attention today, I expect a lot of the most promising B2B mobile opportunities to emerge from the “deskless” vertical mobile market.
- Founders have been catching up (95 mobile enterprise startups in 2013, 313 in 2015), but there are still a lot of opportunities ripe for the taking.
If Mobile-Enterprise is expected to be a $100B market, maybe your next startup should be mobile-first…
Download the First 4 Chapters Free
Learn the major differences between B2B and B2C customer development, how to think about business ideas, and how to assess a venture’s risk in this 70-page sampler.
Looking for a Business Idea?
Join our free email course on finding B2B business ideas: